In Safari: If “Develop” IS NOT SHOWING on your Safari menu bar do the following:
1. Click on Safari in the menu bar and select Preferences
2. In the window that opens, check the box “Show Develop menu in menu bar”
In Safari: When “Develop” IS SHOWING on your Safari menu bar do the following:
1. Click on “Develop” on the Safari menu bar to see the dropdown menu
2. Click Empty Caches
1. Click on Firefox on the menu bar
2. Click on Preferences on the dropdown submenu list
3. In the window that opens, click on Privacy & Security (on left)
4. In the new window that opens leave the radio button on Standard and click on Clear Data
5. In the small window that opens put a check in the box titled “Cached Web Content”
6. Press the “Clear” button. The amount of cached content will become zero.
1. On your computer, open Chrome
2. At the top right, click More
3. Click More tools, Clear browsing data
4. At the top, choose a time range
5. To delete everything, select All time (recommended)
6. Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes
7. Click Clear data.
In Edge (Microsoft)
1. Click the “Settings and more” button — In the top right hand corner of your Edge browser’s window, you will see a small button with 3 dots in it. This is the “Settings and more” button.
2. Select the “Settings” menu item — At the bottom of the large menu which just appeared, the bottom item will be called Settings. Click on it.
3. Go to the “Clear browsing data” section — In the large menu which just appeared, there will be a section called Clear browsing data. In it, there is a button labeled Choose what to clear. Click on it.
4. Choose what to clear from Edge — You will be presented with a large list of checkboxes for various things which can be deleted from Edge. Choose what you would like to delete from Edge by keeping the blue and white checkbox ticked. Untick anything which you don’t want to delete. It’s most common to just want to delete Browsing history, Cookies, Cached data and Tabs I’ve set aside…. You may want to keep (by ensuring they are unticked) things like Form data, Passwords and Media licenses…
5. Click the “Clear” button — Once you have made your choices about what you want to clear from Edge, click the Clear button. Once it’s finished, it will say All clear! underneath the Clear button. Now you can then simply close the Settings menu and continue browsing.
1. Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [del] on your Keyboard
2. Select the period “since installation”, to empty the whole browser cache (recommended)
3. Check the Option “Images and Files in Cache”
4. Confirm your settings, by clicking the button “delete browser data”
5. Refresh the page.