Pieces of Clay Submission Guidelines
Pieces of Clay, the Clay Family Society e-newsletter, welcomes articles, updates, blurbs about genealogy and family lore and legend as it directly relates to your Clay ancestors.
You must be a Clay Family Society member to write for our newsletter. It’s easy to join!
Also, we occasionally reprint (with permissions) articles that have already been published elsewhere on the web.
Submission guidelines are as follows:
- Use a Word document to write your article or blurb.
- Format the document with one-inch margins top, bottom, right and left.
- Write in complete sentences with punctuation and paragraph breaks.
- Use proper capitalization for names, places and other proper nouns.
- Provide any relevant references, citations and sources, if applicable.
If you have a preferred headline, please provide the headline.
- Approximately 500 to 750 words.
- Your submission will be reviewed and may be edited for clarity and ease of reading.
- Editor may change the headline to be more engaging.
- There is no guarantee your work will be published. However, we do keep a running backlog of ideas and will let you know when we plan to use your article.
- Your name will be included as a byline with the published piece.
Just want to submit a story idea?
We welcome your interests! Please send along any relevant links, names, sources, and a unique angle that might be of interest to other CFS members.
All article submissions and ideas can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org who will forward to me.
*Please be sure to write and save your work separately (in case your submission times out or you lose functionality during submission).
Thank you! We look forward to reading your work.
Pieces of Clay